Opportunity for Peace & Nonviolence Activist-In-Residence
Fall 2018 – Avila University
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
This 4-8 week residency program is for a grassroots activist to engage in interaction, networking, recharging, and inspiring our campus and local communities. Some conversational ability in English is required, but the activist can be from anywhere in the world and translation assistance can be arranged for formal gatherings and presentations.
The goals of this program are to:
- Inform our campus of peace and nonviolence issues
- Inspire students and others to become involved or increase involvement in social activism around peace and nonviolence
- Interact with groups through the sharing of your history, perspective, and dreams
- Work with our campus to envision our role in issues of peace and nonviolence
Possible activities for the Activist-In-Residence:
- Holding workshops, talks, discussion groups, film screenings, etc.
- Engage with university classes – whether on-campus or online
- Assist in planning future projects and campaigns
- Be available to informally converse with students, faculty, staff, and others
- Work with members of the Avila community to engage with our local and regional communities in areas
Avila University covers all expenses related to:
- Airfare and local transportation
- Private, on-campus suite for housing and meals provided on-campus
- Generous compensation for the time and work spent while in-residence
- Office space for your own reflection, work, and meetings
To apply, please send activist’s name, a brief biography or background on the activist’s peace & nonviolence work, and her/his interest in engaging with us to firstname.lastname@example.org.